Animoca Brands, CoinMarketCap and Others Join Huobi Eco Chain as Validators
LONDON, July 8, 2021 / PRNewswire / – Huobi Eco Chain (HECO), a decentralized and EVM-enabled public chain, today announced that several leading blockchain projects have been selected to contribute to the HECO mainnet as validation nodes. New partners in the HECO ecosystem include global blockchain brands like Animoca Brand and CoinMarketCap, as well as leading decentralized finance (DeFi) projects like Lightnet and MDEX. Together, these teams will work in conjunction with HECO to maintain validation nodes, which will help provide users with a high-performance and efficient large-scale commercial blockchain infrastructure.
In order to improve stability and decentralization and ensure that HECO is an efficient and energy efficient blockchain, the chain launched a node election campaign in May 2021. Nodes, which are essentially electronic devices running software, are spread over a network and perform various tasks, including communicating and transferring information about transactions and new blocks. On HECO, major nodes are eligible to make operational decisions for the management of the platform, and major nodes and backup nodes are rewarded with on-chain transaction fees.
All elected nodes were carefully evaluated and selected, after passing Know Your Customer (KYC) procedures and submitting a staking deposit of 5,000 Huobi Token (HT).
In total, 11 validation nodes were elected by the community. Several notable validators to join the HECO ecosystem include:
- Animoca brands. A leader in digital entertainment, blockchain, gamification and artificial intelligence, Animoca Brands develops and publishes original games such as The Sandbox, Crazy Kings and Crazy Defense Heroes, as well as products using popular intellectual properties such as Formula 1®, Marvel, WWE, and Doraemon.
- CoinMarketCap. One of the most well-known blockchain brands in the world, CoinMarketCap is the world’s most referenced price tracking website for crypto assets and is valued at over $ 1 billion.
- Lightnet. A fintech company based in Thailand, Lightnet provides liquidity aggregation and settlement services to over 100 financial institutions, including Visa, MoneyGram, Swiss Bank SEBA and SCB.
- All nodes. A hosted provider platform, Allnodes supports over 8,000 nodes across 23 blockchain networks (including Dash, NEM, Avalanche, and Crypto.com) and manages nearly $ 1 billion in assets.
- Coin98. An early supporter of HECO, Coin98 is a non-custodial multi-channel wallet and DeFi gateway divided into three sections: Coin98 Ventures, Coin98 Labs and Coin98 Network.
- MDEX. A decentralized AMM exchange (DEX) that has seen more than $ 2.8 billion in total blocking volume less than 5 months after its launch, MDEX supports a mechanism of double extraction of liquidity and transaction.
- CoinWind. A DEFI smart mining financial platform, CoinWind automatically matches promised currencies through contracts and uses a volatile loss hedging strategy to maximize user profits and effectively resolve user risk issues, such as low income. mining in single currency and the significant volatile losses of LP mining.
“Nodes play an important role in the long-term success of a network, so we were pleased to receive requests from over 300 projects interested in serving as nodes on HECO,” said Leo Su, director of HECO. “As we continue to focus on the decentralization and globalization of the HECO chain, we look forward to welcoming contributions from higher level organizations and individuals. “
The new validators join HECO at a crucial time for Huobi’s Ethereum Virtual Machine (EVM) -compatible chain, which relies on the Hybrid Proof of Stake (HPOS) consensus mechanism. Since the launch of the chain’s main network in december 2020, more than 200 projects have been deployed on HECO with $ 6.037 billion in total blocked value (TVL). The new validators will ensure that the network remains stable and decentralized as HECO continues to expand globally.
To request to serve as a node on HECO, visit https://www.hecochain.com/en-us/node for more information.
HECO is an EVM-enabled public chain that provides blockchain developers with an efficient and inexpensive on-chain environment for decentralized applications (dApps), smart contracts, and digital assets. To date, HECO has registered around 10.2 million addresses in total with 415 million transactions carried out on the platform.
SOURCE HECO channel