Crypto Flipsider News – June 30 – Coinbase, CoinMarketCap, Uniswap, Doctor Bitcoin, German Law, Decentraland By DailyCoin
Crypto Flipsider News – June 30 – Coinbase, CoinMarketCap, Uniswap, Doctor Bitcoin, German Law, Decentraland
We’ve finally boarded a hypertrain that’s going to take off from the runway to the other planet – that’s the feeling of the crypto space now. The sentiments are more and more bullish but we will provide a setback to each of them.
- Coinbase and CoinMarketCap Extend Influence in Crypto
- Address activity topped Bitcoins for the first time
- “Doctor” pleads guilty
- Government Updates: German User-Friendly Crypto Law Comes Into Force, France Wants Faster Crypto Regulation
- The most expensive land in the Decentraland becomes a shopping district
Coinbase and CoinMarketCap Extend Influence on Crypto
Crypto-alumni and brands associated with very specific activities in the cryptocurrency space are broadening their horizons.
- Coinbase, America’s largest crypto exchange, thrives in decentralized applications. The platform has announced plans to open a crypto app store to give its users access to tens of billions of dollars in economic activity from the core product Coinbase.
- CoinMarketCap, the crypto data provider owned by Binance, is launching a new token exchange feature directly on its platform. Uniswap will be the first decentralized exchange supported for ERC-20 token exchanges on CMC.
- Historical changes are happening. Even the crypto establishment is after the trends (or maybe after those tens of billions of dollars mentioned by Coinbase). No one wants to be left behind.
Ethereum address activity overtook Bitcoins for the first time
Daily active addresses on Ethereum surpassed those on Bitcoin for the first time in history, Santiment crypto analyzes report. In the last 24 hours, the number of active ETH addresses has exceeded 55.4,000, which is 22% more than the 43,000 BTC addresses.
The increased interest in Ethereum could be mainly associated with its recent upgrades and the growing popularity of decentralized finance (DeFi) and non-fungible tokens (NFT).
- The second largest crypto in the world is currently hovering around the $ 2,000 mark. Network charges are at their lowest this year. The offer returned to trade. General market sentiment is more negative than neutral.
“Doctor Bitcoin” pleads guilty
Mark Hopkins, a local serial entrepreneur, blockchain expert and journalist, who calls himself “Doctor Bitcoin” has been convicted of illegal activity of converting money into crypto. According to the US Department of Justice, it “frequently sent BTC to clients’ crypto wallets without taking additional steps to verify the source of the money.”
Doctor Bitcoin, 42, ran a business that converted up to $ 1.5 million into Bitcoin for a fee. The accused could spend up to five years in federal prison.
- We don’t justify illegal activity, but how does this differ from the working model of peer-to-peer crypto exchanges that don’t require any identity verification?
Government Updates: German Uber-Friendly Crypto Law Comes Into Force, France Steps Up Crypto Regulations
- The new German fund localization law which allows national special funds to invest in digital assets will come into effect tomorrow, July 1, 2021. The law allows funds to invest up to 20% of their portfolios in digital assets. digital currencies. Industry experts predict the massive investments that are pouring into the crypto market.
- The Banque de France, for its part, warns against the need to hurry with the regulation of cryptocurrencies in Europe. The bank’s governor, François Villeroy de Galhau, says the European Union has up to 2 years to implement crypto regulations before it affects the euro currency.
- Classic situation. It doesn’t matter if the two countries are neighbors and sit in the same EU boat, they lead completely different lives behind closed doors. Hopefully this doesn’t escalate into a bigger neighborhood conflict.
Most expensive land in Decentraland becomes shopping district
New York-based digital real estate company Republic Realm will turn its exclusive or most expensive virtual world purchase Decentraland into a virtual shopping district. The real estate company paid the record price of $ 913,000 for a virtual 16-acre lot earlier this month.
The company is another big-money investor after the Boson blockchain protocol, which spent $ 704,000 on Decentraland’s digital land. The landowner of the Metaverse also plans to use it for a virtual mall where users could purchase digital assets and exchange them for real goods.
- What took you so long, Metaverse shopping center owners? Retailers are hoping you can successfully open until the coronavirus hits the omega variant or even exceeds the options of the Greek alphabet.
Sign up to get the crypto flip side
Upgrade your inbox and get our DailyCoin editors’ picks 1x per week straight to your inbox.
You can always unsubscribe with just one click.
Fusion media or anyone involved with Fusion Media will accept no responsibility for any loss or damage resulting from reliance on any information, including data, quotes, graphics and buy / sell signals contained in this website. Please be fully informed about the risks and costs associated with trading in the financial markets, it is one of the riskiest forms of investing possible.