Epic Games Store Adds First NFT Game, Binance Sponsors Weeknd Tour
- Binance and The Weeknd Collaborate on First Crypto-Powered Global Tour
- Miami Fashion Weeks goes virtual at Decentraland
Gala Games’ Grit brings NFTs to the Epic Games Store
Epic Games, the video game publisher behind Fortnite, intends to list GRIT, the savage shooter from web3 game company Gala Games, as the first NFT-based game on the Epic Games Store.
A free online multiplayer game for Windows PC gamers, GRIT is set to launch later this year on Epic Games’ Unreal Engine. It will also feature user-owned NFT (non-fungible token) assets that can be bought and sold in-game.
Gala Games recently committed $5 billion to expand its NFT offerings between games, music, movies and NFT theme parks. Among them: the Gala Music platform and the launch of the NFT Spider Tanks esports platform.
Monday marked the start of the three-day Galaverse event in Malta, during which Gala plans to put “The Gunslinger Box” on sale and unlock one of 10,000 GRIT avatars.
Miami Fashion Week
Metaverse Decentraland has been hosting virtual events throughout Miami Fashion Week for the past few days. Alongside the physical shows that ran from May 31 to June 5, fashion shows with avatar models took over Decentraland’s Luxury Fashion District.
Participants could purchase virtual goods from the marketplace, while designers, models, stylists and photographers had access to a new NFT members’ fashion club, L’Atelier. Members could sign up for a whitelist spot for “The Key” NFT, redeemable for physical and digital handheld devices.
Miami Fashion Week is the second event held on the Fashion Estate this year after Metaverse Fashion Week in March.
The Weeknd x Binance go on tour
Last week, Binance announced that it would be sponsoring its first global music tour: The Weeknd’s “After Hours Til Dawn” tour kicking off in July. The crypto exchange intends to integrate Web3 technology “for fans to experience crypto in a creative avenue while supporting a good cause,” according to The Weeknd.
This good cause is the XO Humanitarian Fund, administered by the World Food Program (WFP) USA and founded by the artist, who is also a United Nations Global Goodwill Ambassador for the WFP. At the start of the round, Binance will donate $2 million to the fund.
Five percent of the sales of an NFT collection designed in collaboration with the HXOUSE incubator will also be donated to the fund. Viewers can also access commemorative NFTs.
Top NFT drop announcements:
- Gap has collaborated with game petavers DOGAMÍ for a July launch of Gap digital hoodies specially designed for DOGAMÍ virtual pets. Gap Threads Marketplace and DOGAMÍ are both built on Tezos.
- Intellectual property of Warner Bros.’ Looney Tunes characters will soon be on sale on the Nifty NFT platform. The collection, “Looney Tunes: What’s Up Block?”, will begin with Tweety Bird, who turns 80 this year, and later with Bugs Bunny and Marvin the Martian.
- Mariah Carey launched her first NFT on Geojam and designed it as a boarding pass. The winning bidder of the NFT will fly with Carey to New York and attend the ceremony with the artist where she will be inducted into the Songwriters Hall of Fame.
Get the top crypto news and insights of the day delivered to your inbox each evening. Subscribe to Blockworks’ free newsletter now.